Saturday, July 13, 2013

Jubilee Days - 123 Years of Wyoming.

Cale came over early, so we could find a good place to park and watch the parade. It was a bit overcast to start, but the sun came out and warmed it up to nearly 80 by mid-day. The parade was pretty good, and then we walked to the carnival, which was small. Cale played a couple of games, then we rode the ferris wheel. After that, we walked a couple of streets over to the downtown area where there was food, and we went into a couple of shops that I'd never been in before, mostly because I forget they are there, or they are closed when I remember that they are there. I had wanted to get our family photo on a steer named Redneck. I had just missed him Thursday night when we went downtown. We dropped Cale back at the house, and ran some errands. We had just gotten into the first store when my friend Tia called and asked if we were still downtown. They had just gotten there, and Redneck had just come out of the alley. I texted Cale, but he didn't want to go back down (he was meeting friends there in a few hours), so we didn't go :(





We went on campus to get a geocache, so I could get my souvenir for Geocaching Get Outdoors Day.

Cale came over for dinner and we watched Shrek Forever After, which none of us had seen yet. When it was done, it had just started to pour, so Cale played some games until it slowed down enough for us to go out and get in the car.