Sunday, December 22, 2013

The Countdown To No More Christmas Music!

I've been called a Scrooge a lot this Holiday season, and many others in the past. I don't like Christmas music, and very few people understand this. I don't mind some Holiday songs... in moderation of course. A quick Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, or Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer. I particularly like Kenny Chesney's All I Want For Christmas Is A Real Good Tan, or Montgomery Gentry's Merry Christmas From The Family. A new song that I heard this week is Stuck In The Smoke Hole Of Our Tipi, and it is quite entertaining.




I recently came up with this analogy of what Christmas music feels like to me... I feel like I've been hog-tied and put in the front row at church, and while you are preaching about Jesus to me, and all the prejudiced, racial hatred that comes with it (in my experience only, of course), I am being stabbed in the eyes with hot needles. This is how Christmas music makes me feel. I don't preach my anti-organized religion beliefs on others, but yet at Christmas, the music choices that are played force religion on me, and I don't like it.

Kenny (music only):


Montgomery Gentry (music only):