Saturday, April 27, 2013

Football...

I dragged Briony to see the University of Wyoming spring football game today. It was warmer than yesterday, and sunny again. It wasn't a real game, it was their 15th practice, but open to the public. It was good to get out of the house, and see the stadium that I pass all the time. It is a little itty bitty stadium compared to others I've been in, but it was pretty nice. I did get sunburned, because I forgot that altitude affects how quickly you get sunburned. Oops! Lesson learned, and we got aloe and sunscreen on the way home.

Interesting facts:

It's about 7000 feet higher here than Virginia, that's not insignificant :)






To round out the day, we hit the Dollar Tree, where we always find fun things to make fun of. I did NOT purchase either the hat or the feather boa!



We rented two movies, and I made Briony watch What's Eating Gilbert Grape. She did NOT want to watch it, but at the end she said it wasn't bad. I am gradually trying to expose her to movies that I enjoyed growing up. I wouldn't have expected that to be in the Redbox, but there it was!