Monday, April 29, 2013

Love Hearts - Say Yes

So, I do have a special love for Love Hearts.

It started, of course, because Nid used to send them to me when we were courting. And yes, his proposal did include a Say Yes Love Heart. But they are truly lovely sweets!  The Swizzles Matlow company are great. Nid had been looking for an I Surrender sweet, and after dozens of packets, we never got one. I wrote to them in secret, asking if they sold them by the phrase, as I would like to buy some, and explained I wanted it as a wedding gift. They replied right away, and offered to mail them to our house in Leicester, even agreeing to use a plain envelope, as I was still in the US, and I didn't want to give away what it was. They sent about 40, all saying I Surrender, FOR FREE! I wish it was easier to get them here in the US (or at least, I wish it was cheaper). I still have some at home, maybe Briony and I will have to write some poems this evening :)

The Swizzles Matlow company posted this video that a fan made on their Facebook page last week, and it is awesome. Even Briony enjoyed it.