Saturday, September 7, 2013

Go Pokes! Or Something Like That...

This morning we were up early, because Briony had a babysitting job. She watched little Cambria while I got ready for the day.
While Briony got ready, I ran some errands and picked up Cale, so we could go to the Buddy Walk. I had raised money (thank you Christa) for the Wyoming Downs Syndrome Association. We walked to the walk from the apartment, then we did the walk, and had a lunch provided by them.




From there, we walked to the University of Wyoming's first home football game against Idaho (sorry Jenny!). None of us are particular football fans, but the tickets came with the walk registration, and I figured we should at least experience it once. I only went to one Virginia Tech game while I was there (beer spilled all over me, and dogging flying pizza boxes - not my idea of a good time), but at least I can say I went to one.
We got free tshirts!

It was sunny and hot. Until it was raining and cold.

The band was good
 







When we checked the mail, I got this adorable card from Caitlin. It made the perfect ending to a perfect day!




Oh yeah, the Hokies won and UVA lost... It really was the perfect day!