Sunday, October 16, 2016

Eight Years Ago Today.

Eight years ago today, I met a girl who would become my best friend. 
Eight years ago today, I walked into the dining room of her house and awkwardly (though faking confidence), shook her hand. 
Eight years ago today, I had no idea how my life would change, or even that four months later I would become her mom. 
Eight years ago today was a good day. 

We have shared a lot of good times and not so good times over the last eight years. 
We have celebrated moments that I will remember forever, and that forever changed who I am.
Those moments got us where we are, and they made us the family that we are now. 
My life would be perfect, if only Cale was still in it. 

I love you Briony, please share this with Cale. 
I love you both more than anything in this world. 

These photos were taken in August of 2008.  
It has been such an honor to be their mom all of these years, and to see how they've grown and become adults.