Sunday, May 14, 2017

Steamboat Springs.

A couple of years ago I drove through Steamboat Springs on my way home from geocaching in Utah. I only had time to drive through at that time, but thought it was a lovely city that I'd like to go back to visit. Last year I planned a weekend getaway, but didn't ended up going. I will still do that one day. The Steamboat Grand has rooms with hot tubs, fireplaces, and private balconies. I want to get one of those rooms on a snowy weekend, and spend some quality time in the hot springs.

This weekend I went down to do some geocaching. I drove down Friday after work, and Georgia and I slept in the car for the first time. I wouldn't call it comfortable in the 4Runner, but it was more comfortable than in the Rogue. I think it will be better when it's actually warm enough to put the windows down. It dropped to the low 40s, and I was fine in my sleeping bag, but Georgia was cold, so she crowded me the whole night.


I was at Winona's for breakfast when they opened at 7am. I got a waffle with bacon cooked inside of it, and fresh fruit. It was so good. Then I headed to some geocaches and to see some sights.




I found eight caches, which isn't a big number. There were three I couldn't find, and one that I found but didn't have a wrench to get it off. Georgia and I met a nice lady out walking that told me about the Fish Creek Falls, so we went on a short hike to see them from above and below.
 

There was some fun art that had geocaches hidden in, on, and around.





Breakfast was so good that I went back to Winona's and got lunch on my way home. I was exhausted by the time we got home, and Georgia and I crashed for the rest of the day.