Saturday, May 28, 2016

Appledore.

Appledore is my family home in Virginia. It was built by my great great grandfather, Dr Massie Lobban McCue, and completed in 1896. I have lived there off and on through the years, and it has always been home to me, no matter where I lived. So many celebrations have been had in this home, Christmases with our cousins my whole childhood, birthdays, I was even married here. 

Appledore was left to Heather and myself, but many years ago we came to terms with the fact that even if we both lived there together, for the rest of our lives, we still would struggle our entire lives to keep it up and take care of it. Our beautiful home has suffered greatly by sitting empty these last three years.

Appledore is finally on the market. Selling what is HOME to me is makes me sad, but I will have so many more freedoms with my life once it is sold.





http://caar.paragonrels.com/publink/default.aspx?GUID=c086c15e-e0c7-4035-b988-0b3138bab2d3&Report=Yes