Saturday, May 28, 2016

I'm Dreaming... Of a New Vehicle...

I have owned a number of vehicles in my life:1975 Ford Thunderbird.1989 Cutlas Sierra. Ford something sedan. 1994 RAV4. 2013 Nissan Rogue.

Each time I got a new vehicle it was because something happened to my previous one, whether an accident (never my fault) or major problem that would cost more than the car to repair.

I thought that I loved my Rogue, and c'mon, it's a ROGUE, I love Scotsmen, it was PERFECT for me! But it turns out that although I can sleep in the back, which was one of my requirements, it's not the right vehicle for me at this time in my life. So I am looking for a new vehicle, not out of necessity, but out of want, for the first time in my life.

I thought that Honda Element would be great for me, because they were designed to be camped in. Honda stopped making them in 2011, and there is a high demand for them still, keeping their sale price higher than it should be for a vehicle their age, and with the miles on them that I've seen while shopping.

I have narrowed down my ideal list to the following vehicles:

Nissan Xterra (which they stopped making in 2015)


Toyota FJ Cruiser (stopped making in 2014) – to be replaced by 4Runner Trail Edition


Jeep Wrangler Unlimited


Apparently I have an affinity for vehicles that are no longer being made.

I talked with a client the other day that has an FJ Cruiser, and he loves it. He is 5'10" and uses his to go hunting and camping, and he sleeps comfortably in the back. It was wonderful news to talk at such length with someone who owns one, as opposed to just someone who is selling one.


After all my research, I can't wait to start taking some of these out on test drives to see which one will be the perfect match for me.