Sunday, May 29, 2016

The Pass Is Open.

Since I have been living in Laramie, I have driven the pass over the Snowys each Memorial Day Weekend. This year I was a bit disappointed in the trip. The snow was not nearly as deep as it has been in the past few years, and very dirty, so there were less photo opportunities.

I did stop at this pull over to admire the dedication some folks have to skiing.
This hillside was covered in ski tracks, from the top down. The photo does not do justice to how tall this is. I wouldn't want to climb it, that's for sure.

I also stopped at a couple of my favourite spots along the way. These are some of my favourite mountains, towering over Mirror Lake.





I have a particular fondness for the overlook at Libby Flats.
It provides these views:


It is always very windy here, and Georgia was not loving it today, as this was the path from the car:
She hates walking on snow, but loves eating it. It's a short walk, but I got hot so I took off my sweater and just had a tank top underneath for the walk back. My shoes and socks were soaked, so I took them off as soon as I got back to pavement. There was a family getting back in their car that stood and gawked at me. I overheard them saying that maybe they would come back on a day that was warmer. I did my best not to laugh at them. It was 44 degrees and sunny. Yes, the wind does make it chillier, but it's nothing like 44 degrees in Virginia. I think I have adapted very well to the weather here in Wyoming.