Saturday, March 16, 2013

Cale's 15th Birthday.

Briony and I picked up Cale Saturday afternoon and took him to dinner. He had chosen Burger King as his “anything you want for dinner” meal. We encouraged him to go to Burger Xtreme, a relatively new burger joint boasting bottomless homemade fries. Since he is a relative bottomless pitt, I thought it would be perfect. He very much enjoyed it, but he ended up eating less than Briony and I.


We went back home and he opened his presents. Briony got him a book and I got him some British sweets and video games, and I pre-ordered him a copy of The Hobbit DVD. There were some Christmas and Birthday presents from Aunt Margaret as well, as well, some more video games. I told him I would take him shopping for some clothes with the rest of his allotment, as I could not bring myself to get him nothing but games.


Briony took him in the bedroom while I prepared the surprise. We had planned it all out last week, and made it that morning, an Army man cake. Devils Food (chocolate) cake with triple chocolate icing with mini chocolate chips in it. We made it two levels, and had sandbags and a tower built out of chocolate chip cookie dough candies. We sprayed the “ground” green with icing spray, and positioned our two teams of Army men in strategic positions. It was an awesome cake!


(Funny fact: the next day Briony stopped by their house to get some things, and the cake was in Cale's room. It had been eaten some, but the figures had been moved around, so at least he was enjoying it!)

We were all too full to actually eat any cake at this point, so we went to the Wyo to watch The Hobbit. He had seen it several times in the theatre already and wanted to go. I had only seen a blurry screener DVD copy that I had downloaded, so I was looking forward to it. Briony did not want to see it, but afterwards said she enjoyed it more the second time.