Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Doggie Booties And Gym Membership. Yay!

Bearette's booties came in the mail today. It is suppose to snow this weekend, so this will give us a chance to put them on a couple of times before we have to go outside and walk in them. They are a little more work than is worth it for a quick out and back potty break, but for anything longer than that I will do my best to use them. And of course, the more we use them the easier it will be for both of us.

I tried to take a self portrait with both of us. She thought it would be better with just her. How can you argue with that cute face?



The saddest puppy face in the world. I don't know what she thought she was getting punished for, but I am pretty sure that's what she thought. Until the treats started coming. I kept putting them on the floor around the room to make her walk. In just a few minutes she'd already gotten better at walking in them. She's so smart.




Smart and not feeling well again today. We took her off of her pain medication because she got sick again on Friday. We started her on Carafate and aside from one sick up on Saturday morning she had been doing well. She started limping from being off the pain meds, but once she was all clear we were going to try a different one. And this morning, the morning after her last dose of this medicine, she got sick in the wee hours. We have now started her on acid reflux medication over the counter to see if that helps her. If she goes a week without vomiting I will try her on the new pain medicine. There is also a food at work that is for joint mobility, so I might try that as well. I feel so bad that on days like today when it got near 50 degrees, she didn't enjoy going out to walk because she hurt to do so. Getting old sucks :(


Speaking of getting old, or rather, trying not to, I joined a gym today. I had been looking at the Laramie Recreation Center. I picked up a catalog that they put out, and it seemed like a great place. Until I took a tour on Monday. Swimming is apparently their big seller. There are several pools, and there were about 5000 kids taking swim lessons, playing basketball and soccer, and generally just making a ton of noise. The weight room had a very small number of machines and was actually a hallway. The cardio equipment did not have enough machines to guarantee one during the busy time, and they closed at 9pm. Since I want to get a second job, that was just not going to work. Several girls from work use another place, and I went by there today. The outside of the building is plain, a big warehouse looking structure. The entry is just a desk and emptiness. I actually spoke to the owner, and he took me on a tour. He just bought it and is in the middle of major renovations and upgrades. There is a giant weight room, a circuit training weight room, plenty of cardio equipment, there are classes and more. I signed up immediately and having hoped that it was going to be good, I had brought my workout clothes and got started. 1 ½ miles on the elliptical and a trip around the circuit weights and I felt great! And it's open 4am to midnight 7 days a week 365 days a year. You can't really complain about those hours.