Sunday, October 20, 2013

Crockpot Success.

I am not a fan of the crock pot. I have had several not so successful experiences in the past, but have seen lots of recipes on Pinterest that involve crock pots, so I went out and bought one. My first attempt at crock pot cooking turned out to be a waste of money. The pork chops were disgusting and I tossed the entire meal in the dumpster. I was pondering returning it to the store, when I decided I should at least try one more meal. That is what I did tonight. I had already purchased the ingredients, so I put them all together this morning and at dinner tonight we had a delicious Beef and Broccoli. I didn't even follow the directions exactly, and it still turned out great.

I got the recipe HERE if you'd like to try it. I highly recommend it, and will definitely be trying it again in the future. Although it is an Asian dish, I did not serve it on rice, but with a hefty side of mashed potatoes, and it went great I though. I am already looking forward to my left overs tomorrow.

I am now looking forward to trying more things, so we'll see if this crock pot thing works out for me in the end.