Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fifth Family Anniversary.

Today is the five year anniversary of meeting the two amazing people that have enriched my life more than I could ever have imagined possible.

I won't say that that first meeting wasn't a little awkward, or that we became a family overnight, but I think that what we have become is a pretty once in a lifetime phenomenon.

Tonight we had a family dinner, and though it wasn't what I had planned all week, it was still perfect because we were together, enjoying each others company. What more can a girl ask for?

I will always treasure the time I get to spend with these two amazing people. They made me a better person just by knowing them, and I cherish the day they decided to call me Mom. Most mom's are called Mom because they give birth. I was given the gift by Briony and Cale, by their own choosing, and it is an amazing gift, indeed.