Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Crazy Fancy Gym Equipment

I worked out with friends today at their gym. Crazy fancy, I tell ya!

The elliptical machine had television, radio and other features I couldn't even figure out. It also measured your stride, and you could change your stride. I got up to a 29 inch stride at one point, which was not easy, I mostly maintained at a 13. It was a very cool machine. I did 25 minutes and about a mile and a half. If I'd taken longer steps, I imagine I would have gone farther...

The bike was harder. It has bike handles, and you have to steer around a course while riding. The incline changes, and you have to change gears to do hills or to catch up on a downhill slope. I think I would have gotten the hang of it over time. I did a two mile loop, and it was time to call it a night.