Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Coyote Sighting.

I have a lot of foxes where I live. A lot. I see them on average four nights a week. I am pretty sure that there is a family living in the woods right behind my house, because sometimes I hear what sounds like a large number of them talking at the same time, from quite close by. My dog will sometimes stand in the field and wag her tail and yip and I have thought several times she must be trying to communicate with them, but due to the tall grass I cannot see them out there with her in the dark.


This week I saw something different. It was much larger than a fox, which is why I thought it was a wolf at first. But after researching it, I believe it was a coyote. I have either seen two, or the same one twice. They were about a week apart, and about a mile as the crow flies, so there is no way to know. One was during the day, bolting across a field, the other was at night crossing the road on my way home.

 These are some of the best photos that I found on-line that look like what I saw.




I do not have any photos of the foxes I see, either. But here are a couple of cute ones I found. Click HERE to listen to the symphony that I enjoy on a regular basis. The ones titled Yip, Call and Cry are the sounds I hear most often.
Red Fox