Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's Cold... Inside!

It's been cold here. Really cold. For Virginia. I do realize that it will be much colder in Wyoming. I have a particular co-worker that quite enjoys telling me that. The thing about Wyoming is, however, that it won't be 40 degrees IN MY HOUSE. I thought I had gotten the photo of that, but it turns out I didn't. Even though it has been 40 degrees IN MY HOUSE every morning and every evening when I get home. The wood stove just isn't cutting it when it's in the teens outside. The pipes froze and I didn't have water, but they didn't burst, so when they got thawed out the water came back. I keep a trickle running overnight and when I'm not here, to keep it from happening again.

When I am in a hurry, I can usually get it up to 50....


When I have all evening, I can get it up to 60.....


But then I wake up to 40 and have to start all over again!

The monster splinter that I got loading the fire tonight... Thankfully my tweezers were not yet packed up!