Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Last Full Day

Today is my last full day in Virginia. It started at 6am with some small critter in my kitchen making noise, by 8:30am I had showered, gotten gas, shopped at Walmart and was at the U-Haul place to pick up my trailer. The guy, KC, was really nice. Said a lot of people made moves like this to be near their families. He also gave me two extra days for geocaching. Hopefully I won't need them, but it's good to have them. For this long of a journey, there is a minimum rental of six days. I thought it would take 3-4 days to get there, but of course if there is bad weather, it might delay me. This way I at least don't have to worry about that. Or if it takes me longer to unload it, I'm covered.

When I got home, I started setting up the back seat for Bearette. I had a nice visit with my Postmistress Mandy at the Post Office, and then headed to Sal's to meet my friend Catherine for lunch. She lives in Amelia, but was passing by Crozet on her way to Indiana for a class, so it was perfect timing. We visited for three hours, but I think we could have talked all day long, but she had to get back on the road, and I had to get finished packing. After lunch I had to go to the Vet to pick up the sedatives for Bearette, to help her take the edge off of her nervousness. I got home and thought I could load the trailer myself, but that didn't work so well, so I called Dad and he came over to help me load. It took a while, and the pile felt like a lot more when it was all getting moved in one day, versus when I was piling it up over a period of months. I was worried it wouldn't all fit, and it was close.

I had thought I would be able to load it unhooked from the car, but it didn't have a hitch jack, so I couldn't leave the house after it was loaded to go and visit Caitlin and Heather, which made me sad, so I went to bed early. It had been a long day, and tomorrow was going to be even longer.



 My route with geocaches along the way so that I can get at least one in each state I've never gotten one in before.