Monday, February 18, 2013

Bearette Got Sick.

Briony had play practice this morning, so after I dropped her off I did a bit of geocaching. I found 12 in three hours, so I felt very productive. I am proud that I found this particular one. It really blended in, so I almost didn't touch it, but I'm glad that I did. Bearette was with me, and she seemed to better enjoy the 4 degree (windchill) temperatures than I did. 





On the way to pick up Briony she started acting a little “off.” As soon as we got home, she drank a little water and got sick all over, and fell over with a seizure. It didn't last long, but I freaked out. I've been watching her so closely since we got here. She had gotten sick this morning as well, which wasn't altogether unusual, but twice in a day and with a seizure was very alarming. I called the Veterinary Hospital that I had chosen to take her to, and they said to bring her straight in. We left her there for a little while and they did some blood work, which was normal with the exception of some elevated kidney values, which she has had off and on for years. They recommended monitoring her, and we also got her back on some anxiety medications that will hopefully calm down her chewing and licking that has been keeping her on steroids for the last few months. She needs pain medications for her arthritis, but she can't be on both, and I've been having to make a hard choice. This way, hopefully she'll be able to be comfortable and calm.

Poor Baby, she's not feeling good :(