Sunday, February 3, 2013

My First Day In Laramie.

Briony and I woke up fairly early considering our late night. We had a snack, then unloaded the truck. I had been able to park right outside the apartment, which was about ten feet away. I've never had such an easy unload. We set up the bedroom and bathroom completely, hoping that would make Bearette more comfortable and at ease, and thus less stressed and hopefully less likely to bark. She barked when we first left her in her crate, but after a few minutes she got a little quieter, so hopefully she stopped not long after that. She hasn't been in a crate in a long time, but I'm sure she'll get used to it again, and know that I will come back for her and not panic.

We got Brunch at Bagelmakers, which was yummy and much needed. Then we went to shopping to get what I needed to get started, including a humidifier as the air is so dry here that my hands and lips were cracking already and Bearette kept getting shocked every time we touched her. We made a couple of stops, and then headed back to the apartment because I was physically and mentally exhausted. We did a little more unpacking, and I took her home after dinner.

It looks like a mess, but it was delicious!

It was so great to spend the day with Briony and to know that I could see her again in a week. I didn't even cry when I dropped her off! That was a first :) Next weekend we're going to start our weekly Girls Night and also Family Night, with both she and Cale coming over for dinner and watching American Idol with Keith Urban as a judge. Over the summer we watched the whole season of The Voice Australia with Keith, and this is going to be like watching Season Two of the Keith Show.

I unwrapped a wonderful treat from a friend today. Cathy, who I worked with at PMA brought a gift bag by the house before I left. Each of the items she gave me harkened back to things we have discussed over the last year of working together. It was such a nice gesture, and I will remember her each time I make a cup or open a bottle of wine.


Briony bought me this little Monkey today. I named him Martin, after my latest crush, Martin Freeman.