Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Geocaching Around Town

Sunrise outside my apartment building
I did a little geocaching today. I definitely need to get some fingerless gloves, for that purpose. I found quite a few along a stretch of road I have not been down, which was nice to see the town from a different angle. There was also one about 100 feet or so from my front door, so I took Bearette to that one, at the beginning of our walk. Her knees have been getting worse the last few years, and they seem to have gotten worse over the trip, so I take her on multiple short walks instead of longer walks, because I don't want to have to carry her if they give her too much trouble. Carrying her to and from potty breaks on the road trip was enough carrying for me.

I love it when you can see it from the car.

Littlest Frog On The Prairie



I spy!


I also discovered a mystery. I have nTelos, which roams on Sprint, and there is no Sprint in Wyoming. However, I occassionally hear my phone alert me that I have email. I am randomly getting 3G from somewhere, allowing email and facebook messages to come through. I do not understand this, or why it moves. As I was out geocaching, I thought perhaps that I had stumbled across some sort of hotspot, though it seemed unlikely since it was in the middle of nowhere, which is saying a lot out here. But several times I've gotten emails in my kitchen and bedroom, when most of the time I have nothing. I cannot explain it, but it has come in handy today as I was expecting an email confirmation and did not want to drive to the really fast wifi that I know McAllister's has in case it had not been sent yet.