Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! Once upon a time, not so very long ago, this day would have depressed me. It would have made me sad, wistful, depressed. Thankfully I have wonderful friends who got me through that tough period, and I am hopeful and happy now. Even when playing with Love Hearts last weekend with Briony. Certain phrases did not hurt like they might once have done. It's just a candy (a wonderful candy at that) now.

We compared Love Hearts that they'd brought me from England with the ones that I'd bought here in the States. We both decided that we like the British ones better (which, are in fact made in Australia) compared to the US ones (which are made in Canada).



The British ones are not quite as tart, and are not as hard as the US ones. They also have better sayings. We made a little poem.


MY IDEAL
DREAM GIRL
CHASE ME
YOU FLIRT
TRY ME
HUG ME
CHASE ME
DREAM ON
GOTCHA

Not bad for a limited number of words/phrases to chose from. The Gotcha at the end was Briony's idea. Nothing like ending a love poem with “just kidding.".

We've got a few more packs of both kinds, and perhaps we'll create more poems this weekend, which is a three day weekend off school, and she's staying over, so we'll have plenty of time to be creative.


It snowed a bit this morning. This was my view out my kitchen window.



I sent these goodies to the kids today. They have proper Valentine's bags waiting for tomorrow night, but I wanted them to have a little something on the Day.