Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Geocaching And Stink Bugs.

It was a majorly successful geocaching day for me. Not my most successful, but brilliant none the less. I went back to the prairie where I had to cut my walk short the other week because of the cacti that kept getting stuck in Bearette's paws. It wasn't the best weather for it, but they were calling for snow the next few days, so I wanted to get it done. I got eight on that walk. I did a couple of other park and grabs, and my total for the day was 15, because there were three that I could not locate. Some are out of the question because of the snow on the ground. Others I just don't have the patience to search for when the wind is gusting. I also got to increase my number by three more because I found a scrap of paper that had three geocaches Heather and I had found nearly two years ago and I had never logged. I confirmed with her geocaching profile that we had found them, and then got to log them. Therefore, I actually logged 18 caches today.

As I was logging my finds, a little friend walked across my computer. I brought several dead stinkbugs with me to Wyoming, but this little guy was alive! It could be the first recorded stinkbug in this state, but I don't think that he will survive the cold temperatures.